Sunday, November 24, 2013

Just keep smiling.

Kate loves Halloween. In fact, she love it so much that she had to drag me to the L.A Haunted ride. 


The line was really big and as we approached the Hayride I could feel the chills on my back. I am such a wuss for this kind of things. When I was a kid I actually passed out after a monster jumped in front of me at a haunted house. The security guards had to carry me in their arms and hand my unconscious body to my mom.


The decorations were kind of cheap but scary as hell at the same time. I guess it's the handmade quality of the craft. To make things even worse, ugly monsters would come towards people waiting in line. Their victims were usually the ones that seemed to be the most scaried. I was absolutely terrified but didn't want to show signs of scariness. I kept faking a smile on my face. Poor Kate, on the other hand, is not a good faker.


The monsters would take advantage of her scariness and would pick her as a victim all the time.
At that moment I knew I had found the secret to not being harassed by monsters.


 So whenever I spotted a ugly monster, I would keep smiling as hard as I could. I would even laugh out loud a few times.


    The monsters realized I wasn't scarred and would look for another victim.


   Kate was always the chosen one. For the first time in my life, a haunted house was actually quite  entertaining.


   As we approached the truck, my heartbeats would accelarate exponentially.


A creepy german dude with a giant knife in his head came to welcome us to our death.


                         I wasn't too pleased to hear my death sentence, but I kept smiling.


                                                              The death journey begins.


                     We approach a foggy gate and hear horrifying howls on the background.


                       Suddenly, the truck stops right in the middle of the bloody wilderness.


                Horrifying Creatures jump over the hay ride fences and run towards the truck.


                            Freakish Zombies with yellow contact lenses are face-to-face with us.


                                                                      I kept smiling.


                      Staring at my squinty eyes, the zombie kind of noticed I was faking the smile.


 Before he scared the hell of me I pointed out to Kate and said "Why are you so scared, Kate?"


                               The Zombie turned away from me towards poor Kate.


                                                       And scared the hell of her.        


                            After the zombie attack, the truck start moving again.


                          From nowhere, asphyxiated, naked chicks covered in plastic bags attack us.


   Luckly, the bags covering their bodies limited their movement so they could do too much damage.


But that wasn't enough. The truck driver had to stop once again in the middle of the dark forest from   hell


    In the distance, a shadow that seems to be a bush starts moving.

   
          As it approaches to the truck, The bush creature reveals to be a hell of a troll!


     Kate almost had a heart attack. I kept smiling but with tears in my eyes.


               The truck driver announced were finally approaching the ending of the Hayride.


                              He congratulated us as we approached the last gate.


       What it seemed to be the end, turned out to be the the the worst of my nightmares....



                                                   ...CLOWNS!!!  I HATE CLOWNS!!!
 

                              So I grabbed on Kate's sweatshirt as hard as I could....


       .... hoping to keep my fake smile from cheek to cheek so the clowns woudn't  notice me.


                              Suddenly, dozens of clowns appeared behind the truck.


                                                They through a long cloth on top of us.


                              Since we were immersed into pitch black darkness....
                                   

                          .... the clowns were completely immune to my smile.


                           So I couldn't help it but to SCREAM OUT OF TERROR!



PS:  No one was harmed or injured in the hayride. We all survived through the nightmare. However, I don't think I am coming back to a scary ride for a long time.




20 comments:

Michael Yates said...

This great! I remember using the smile technique myself a couple Halloweens ago. Great Storytelling!

Rachel Doda said...

And I thought I was the only one who used the "smiling technique"--and I can't believe you kept directing them to poor, terrified Kate! Thanks for sharing such a hilarious story!

Sean McCormack said...

that looks like the BEST halloween ride EVER! I'm totally jealous!
PS: Poor Kate, you're soooo mean! :-p

Andreas Schuster said...

Super fun stuff as always! It reminded me to finally do my homework and complete your class:
http://www.skillshare.com/classes/design/Learn-to-Storyboard-The-First-Steps-of-Visual-Storytelling/1076577766/projects/14339

Thanks for doing giving the assignment, I hope you do one more!

Will J said...

Hahaha, great story! Have you ever been in a corn maze? Those things are pretty scary at night even when it's not halloween.

Ashley Perez said...

Wow! Scary ride. Great storytelling Leo.

Leo Matsuda said...

Michael- I am happy to hear I am not the only one who uses this technique. I hope all is well, buddy!

Rachel- Thanks for visiting my blog and for sympathizing with Kate. Hehe...I guess I need to be nicer and less of a coward sometimes.

Sean- I am glad you enjoyed it! And yes... I should be nicer next time.

Andreas-Thank you for enjoying my story and for taking my class! Looking forward to see your assignment!!

Will- I still haven't been in a corn maze. I will try going to one on my next Halloween. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashley: Thanks! I hope all is well!!

Heather Dixon said...

Poor Kate. You guys are much braver than me...I stopped going to Halloween events after 1st grade due to traumatizing events with bowls of "brains"--cooked noodles. On the plus side, I really enjoyed this story!

喜洋洋 said...

桃園徵信公司
雲林徵信公司
徵信社公會
徵信社尋人
徵信社工作
商業間諜
抓姦委託調查
外遇徵信社
結婚週年
第三者背景
夫妻
外遇抓姦
澎湖徵信社
豪門婚姻
貴婦
養男人
大陸徵信社
夫妻財產
澳門徵信社
淫婦
婚變
北京徵信
外遇二奶
北京徵信社
婚姻暴力
徵信達人狗仔網

喜洋洋 said...

監聽器材
離婚諮詢
監聽手機
財產調查
電話監聽
網路詐欺
女人偷腥
肉體外遇
商業調查
信用調查
婚姻諮商
婚姻問題
老婆外遇
外遇處理
筆跡鑑定
挽回婚姻
老公偷腥
男人外遇
丈夫外遇
婚姻諮詢
感情諮詢
挽回感情
老婆偷腥
工商徵信
商標侵權
市場調查

喜洋洋 said...

應收帳款問題
呆帳問題
企業異動監控
沖開

喜洋洋 said...

金融貸款
催收人員
催收技巧
催收款
催收話術
催收實務
催收工作
債權憑證
討債權威
不當逼債
收數公司
收帳
收數公司
討債王
收數王
討債戰術
資產管理
詐賭
欠債還錢
票據信用監控
委託討債
如何委託討債
不良債權
債權收買
債務調解
債權評價

喜洋洋 said...

靈骨塔糾紛
靈骨塔詐騙
債務整合
債務更生
債務人
債務清償條例
債務人不履行
生前契約
生前契約糾紛
生前契約詐欺
生前契約詐騙
負債救星
負債諮詢
卡債
卡債協商
卡債整合
卡債更生
卡債扶助
貸款
信用貸款
個人信貸
企業貸款
協商機制
汽車貸款
銀行貸款
房屋貸款

喜洋洋 said...

針孔偵測器
反針孔偵測器
防止老人走失
防止小孩走失
防止寵物走失
底盤式追蹤器
車底追蹤器
追蹤器平台
日港電信
追蹤器科技網
北台灣防衛科技
汽車追蹤器出租
行車記錄器
租車公司
汽車衛星追蹤器
吸附式追蹤器
商業間諜
內神通外鬼
通姦罪
中華徵信
中華徵信所
羅漢腳
大陸新娘
外籍新娘
越南新娘
印尼新娘

喜洋洋 said...

有線針孔
無線針孔
探測盜拍
汽車定位
攝影錄音
調查器材
機車追蹤
監聽手機
子女行蹤
監聽器材
監聽設備
gps定位器
gps遮斷器
gps追蹤器
針孔攝影機
大哥大監聽
定位追蹤器
汽車追蹤器
機車追蹤器
車輛追蹤器
gps衛星定位
gps汽車防盜
gps追蹤定位
gps定位追蹤
gps汽車追蹤器
衛星定位追蹤

喜洋洋 said...

agps
追蹤器
防詐騙
追跡機
反針孔
反偷拍
反監聽
反監控
反跟蹤
監聽器
追蹤器
錄影筆
監聽器
竊聽器
出租車
中古車
挖土機
反竊聽
針孔筆
反針孔
gsm定位
gps定位
gps追蹤
失竊汽車
追蹤定位
外遇追蹤

Gabriel trejos said...

I like your line draw - very good work ... muy buenos dibujos :D

http://www.trejoscomics.blogspot.com/

大愛 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社

Emery Miller said...

Hilarious. Especially the face off with the zombie and the shot when your clawing at her shoulder.